Aptamil First Infant milk is a nutritionally complete1 infant milk for use from birth to 12 months, if moving from breastfeeding or as a suitable complement to breastfeeding.
Aptamil First Infant milk contains our next generation of infant formula – combining our unique blend of scGOS/lcFOS^2-4 and 3′-GL (HMO).‡5
Bioactive compounds including 3′-GL‡ are produced during our unique process.6,7
This combination comprises more than 100 oligosaccharide structures, supporting the immune system through the gut via various modes of action8-10 .
Aptamil First Infant milk also contains two LCPs† (DHA†11 and AA) in levels and ratios recommended by latest science12-14 and in accordance with new legislation†11 it also contains nucleotides.
- Not suitable for intravenous use
- Not suitable for cows’ milk protein allergy or lactose intolerance
- Not suitable for vegetarians
^scGOS: short-chain galacto-oligosaccharides lcFOS: long-chain fructo-oligosaccharides
†Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids. Contains DHA as required by the legislation for all infant formula.
- Present day practice in infant feeding: third report (1998). Report on health and social subjects No. 32. HMSO.
- Boehm G et al., Acta Paediatr Suppl. 2005;94:18–21.
- Moro G, et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2002;34:291- 5.
- Knol J et al., J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2005;40:36-42.
- Newburg D, et al. Glycobiology, 2004;14(3):253-63.
- Perrin V et al., Carbohydr Res. 2000;325:202–10.
- Romond MB et al., J Dairy Sci. 1998;81:1229–35.
- Overbeek S. et al. Presented as a poster presentation at the ESPGHAN conference; 5-8 June, 2019 in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Goh CY. et al. Presented as a poster presentation at the ESPGHAN conference; 5-8 June, 2019 in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Boehm G, et al. Arch. Dis Child 2002;86:F178-81.
- European Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/127.
- Koletzko B et al., Ann Nutr Metab. 2015;66(2-3):137-8.
- European Food Safety Authority (EFSA): Scientific opinion on nutrient requirements and dietary intakes of infants and young children in the European Union. EFSA Journal 2013; 11: 3408.
- Koletzko B et al., Ann Nutr Metab 2014; 65: 49–80.
Aptamil First infant milk is currently available in most supermarkets, Boots, and some pharmacies.
Aptamil First infant milk is available in the following formats:
- 70ml ready to feed plastic bottle (Hospital only)
- 800g Eazypack Powder
- 200ml ready to feed bottle
- 1 litre ready to feed bottle
Our Eazypack features the following:
- A tamper-proof lid for added security
- A handy built-in leveller, making scooping easier
- Underlid scoop storage, so you always know where it is