Aptamil Hungry Milk is a casein-dominant formula for hungrier bottlefed infants, suitable from birth until 12 months.
Casein protein forms a firmer curd in the stomach, similar to cottage cheese, and is more slowly digested1 than whey protein, resulting in slower gastric emptying. This means that an infant may feel fuller for longer and help satisfy hungrier infants.
Aptamil Hungry is the only casein-dominant infant milk to contain our our patented blend of scGOS/lcFOS*. Prebiotic oligosaccharides (prebiotic OS) are naturally found in breastmilk and some fruit and vegetables and work by decreasing the presence of pathogens in the gut flora and increasing the growth of friendly bacteria such as bifidobacteria and lactobacilli2-4. These friendly bacteria are an integral part of a baby’s natural immune system – the methods that the body uses to protect itself, for example against infection.
Aptamil Hungry also contains long chain polyunsaturated (LCP) fatty acids in amounts recommended by experts5. It also contains nucleotides, the building blocks of DNA, important for optimal growth and development6,7.
- Bleakney G, Infant Feeding Guidelines. EHSSB March 2006.
- Knol J et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2005;40:36-42.
- Moro G et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2002;34(3):291-5.
- Costalos C et al. Early Hum Dev 2008;84:45-49.
- Koletzko B et al. Acta Paediatr 2001;90:460-4
- Maldonado J et al. Early Hum Dev 2001;65(Suppl):S69-74<
- Pickering LK et al. Pediatrics 1998;101:242-9
*scGOS: short-chain galacto-oligosaccharides lcFOS: long-chain fructo-oligosaccharides
Aptamil Pronutra+ milks are currently available in Boots, Supervalu, Dunnes and some pharmacies. As demand increases, distribution continues to grow.
Aptamil Hungry is available in the following 3 formats:
- 900g Eazypack Powder
- 200ml ready to feed bottle
- 1 litre ready to feed bottle