Inspired by the Science of Early Life, our scientists have developed Aptamil Profutura First Infant milk, our tailored formulation for babies that is a nutritionally complete1 whey-dominant infant milk for use from birth to 12 months, if moving from breastfeeding or as a suitable complement to breastfeeding.
- It contains increased levels of LCPs, with 15% of the normal triglyceride bound LCPs replaced by the phospholipid bound form as found in breast milk2
- The addition of anhydrous milk fat to provide a better profile of fatty acids and improved fat absorption and digestion 3,4,
- Nucleotides and our patented blend of scGOS/lcFOS*which are inspired by those naturally found in breastmilk.5,6
- Our patented blend of scGOS/lcFOS* has proven health benefits including reduced incidence of infections7, less antibiotic use and reduced incidence of diarrhoea8.
Unique benefits of Aptamil Profutura:
- Closer to breastmilk in both fat composition and structure2,9-12
- Enhanced fat absorption and digestion3,4
- Not suitable for intravenous use
- Not suitable for cows’ milk protein allergy or lactose intolerance
- Not suitable for vegetarians
- Present day practice in infant feeding: third report (1998). Report on health and social subjects No. 32. HMSO.
- Harzer G et al (1983) Am J.Clin. Nutr; 37:612-621.
- Carnielli V et al (1995). Am J.Clin. Nutr; 61(5):1037-1042.
- Carnielli V et al (1996). J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr; 23(5):553-560.
- Thurl S et al. (1996) Anal Biochem; 235: 202-206.
- Newburg DS (2000) J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr; 30: S8-S17.
- Arslanoglu S et al. (2008). J Nutr; 138: 1091-5.
- Bruzzese E et al. (2009). Clin Nutr; 28(2): 156-161.
- Willatts P et al., Lancet, 1998. 352(9129):688-91.
- Willatts P et al., Am J Clin Nutr. 2013:98(2):536S-42S.
- Brenna JT et al., Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2009;80(2-3):85-91.
- Brenna JT et al., Am J Clin Nutr. 2007;85(6):1457-64.
*scGOS: short-chain galacto-oligosaccharides lcFOS: long-chain fructo-oligosaccharides
Aptamil Profutura milks are currently available in most supermarkets, Boots, and some pharmacies.
Aptamil Profutura is available in the following formats:
- 800g First milk powder, 200ml First milk ready to feed bottle
- 800g Follow On milk powder
- 800g Growing Up milk powder
Our 800g powder pack includes the following features:
- A tamper-proof lid for added security
- A handy built-in leveller, making scooping easier
- Underlid scoop storage, so you always know where it is
For preparation of Aptamil Profutura First Infant milk
|Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers’ instructions.|
|Boil 1 Litre of fresh water. Leave kettle to cool for 30 minutes and no longer. Measure the required amount of water (refer to feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle. Be careful of scalding. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.|
|Using the scoop provided, level off the powder with the built in leveller. Do not press/heap the powder.|
|Add correct measure of powder to water. Adding too many or too few scoops can be harmful. Cap the bottle and shake well (for 10 seconds) to dissolve the powder. Remove cap and replace with a sterilised teat.|
|Cool under running tap. Check temperature of feed. Feed immediately.|